Certificate of Excellence in Learning, Teaching and Assessment – CELTA UK
UNIT TITLE: Certificate of Excellence in Learning, Teaching and Assessment
Fully accredited by OCNCredit4Learning -UK
Rational and Introduction
This Course, unique takes qualified and experienced teachers (or professionals working in fields related to the education), and develops their existing professional practice to a more exacting level of competence. The course is designed to provide sufficient theoretical knowledge and practical expertise to enable the successful candidates to work within educational provision, who may provide the sole point of reference within a service, school. It is intended to produce well-motivated, enthusiastic and well-informed practitioners who can maximise the use of new learning and teaching strategies with young people irrespective of age, setting or phase of education.
The Course will develop professional skills, but will also promote reflection on the principles underlying best practices in education such that teachers/students will become able to support young people, and engage in fruitful professional dialogue with other specialists working in related fields.
This course aims to.
- Provide beginner teachers/teachers with access to the pedagogies, subject knowledge and transferable practices to equip them with the tool kit necessary for success in their posts or first posts as newly-qualified teachers (NQTs);
- Provide education, training, practice and opportunities for self-assessment
- Develop the intellectual curiosity and capabilities for knowledge and skills transfer that will enable the students to take responsibility for their own learning/application and professional development;
- To support the development of teaching professionals who are both reflective and reflexive in their practice.
- To create teachers who exhibit outstanding levels of professionalism and a commitment to equality and empowerment for all.
- To provide opportunities for programme participants to examine their own professional practice, and that of those they work with and observe, in the light of theory and practical experience.
- Promote a model of analytical, evaluative and reflective practice, with skills in setting, and meeting, targets for short and longer term professional development;
- Provide opportunities for explicit and inferred connections to be made between theory and practice in order to enhance capabilities as teachers or beginner teachers;
- Assess and self-assess individual needs at points throughout the programme and set appropriate targets;
Intended Learning Outcomes
The programme provides opportunities for students/ and teachers to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding, skills and other attributes in the following areas.
- Learning and teaching
- Pedagogy of learning
- Classroom leadership
- Thinking skills
- Teaching profession
- Strategies to engage students
The course will enable participants to critically examine a wide range of educational issues pertaining to the development of their capability as teachers – and in so, meeting the needs of learners.
|Outline of Unit Content|
|Module 1 – Effective TeachingModule 2- Effective Assessment
Module 3- Effective Learning
Module 4 – Effective Differentiation
Module 5 – Reflection
Module 6 – Entrepreneurial Management and Leadership
Total number of hours
· Each module is 15 hours (10 hours teaching face to face, plus 5 hours micro project)
· Total number of hours is 90 hours, plus 10 major project = 100 hours
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes